Immersed in a rich learning environment, students will have the unique opportunity to study, expand and cultivate a deeper awareness and appreciation of Chinese American history, culture and experiences on a guided tour through CAM. Class tours must be scheduled at least three (3) weeks in advance and are subject to docent schedule and availability. A typical tour will last approximately 45 minutes. The maximum capacity for guided tours is 30 people with at least one accompanying adult for every ten (10) students who are grades 8th and under. CAM reserves the right to cancel the tour if a group arrives more than 15 minutes late.
To schedule a guided tour, please use the on-line form or printable PDF form. Completed PDF forms can be faxed to (213) 473-4224 or emailed to the Museum Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also directly contact the Museum Educator at (213) 473-5306 and be ready to provide the following information:
• Requested tour dates and times (Tours are usually scheduled between 10am-Noon)
• Name of school
• Contact person and information
• Size of the group
• Description of the group such as grade level, age, etc.
There is no cost for guided tours, but donations are always welcomed.
If you are interested in becoming a docent to help provide tours to the public, please click here.
It is recommended that teachers review these rules with their students BEFORE their visit to CAM:
• No food or drinks allowed in the museum
• No flash photography allowed in the museum
• No running or loud talking
• All children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult chaperon
• Please do not touch the exhibits or artwork, except where it is indicated for you to do so.
• CAM does not have the capacity to securely check bags. Since the museum has limited space, please leave large backpacks and belongings at school or in your school bus to facilitate easier movement while touring the museum.
Self-guided tours are always welcome at the Museum. However, student groups should take advantage of the guided tours for an enhanced educational experience. Due to occupancy limitations and security purposes, CAM can not accommodate unguided tours of more than thirty (30) students. CAM also can not accommodate unguided group tours without the necessary number of chaperones (1 adult for every 8 students grades 8th and under).