Immersed in a rich learning environment, students will have the unique opportunity to study, expand and cultivate a deeper awareness and appreciation of Chinese American history, culture and experiences on a guided tour through CAM. Class tours must be scheduled at least three (3) weeks in advance and are subject to docent schedule and availability. A typical tour will last approximately 55 minutes. The maximum capacity for guided tours is 30 people with at least one accompanying adult for every ten (10) students who are grades 8th and under. CAM reserves the right to cancel the tour if a group arrives more than 15 minutes late.
There is no cost for guided tours, but donations are always welcomed.
To schedule a guided tour, please use the form below. You can contact the Museum Educator at (213) 473-5306 with questions.
It is recommended that teachers review these rules with their students BEFORE their visit to CAM:
- No food or drinks allowed in the museum
- No flash photography allowed in the museum
- No running or loud talking
- All children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult chaperon
- Please do not touch the exhibits or artwork, except where it is indicated for you to do so.
- CAM does not have the capacity to securely check bags. Since the museum has limited space, please leave large backpacks and belongings at school or in your school bus to facilitate easier movement while touring the museum.
Self-guided tours are always welcome at the Museum. However, student groups should take advantage of the guided tours for an enhanced educational experience. Due to occupancy limitations and security purposes, CAM can not accommodate unguided tours of more than thirty (30) students. CAM also can not accommodate unguided group tours without the necessary number of chaperones (1 adult for every 8 students grades 8th and under).
CAM School Transportation Fund
Every year, 5,000 students and educators visit the Chinese American Museum (CAM) to participate in tours and workshops through the CAM School Transportation Fund. The CAM School Transportation Fund provides subsidized transportation for students and educators from schools and nonprofits who are in need of financial assistance for transportation costs. Subsidized transportation is available on a limited basis and on a first come, first served basis. For more information on the program, please visit www.camla.org/bussing.