Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is best suited for candidates interested in working within the non-profit marketing field. The candidate will help promote the museum’s initiatives through the creation of print and digital promotional materials.
Location – downtown Los Angeles, CA
Hours – Non-exempt (hourly), Full-Time (up to 40 hours per week),
$19-$21 per hour, d.o.e.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the museum team to develop and implement the marketing strategies for the museum’s exhibitions, public programs, collections, education, development, and special initiatives.
- Create the outreach and promotional materials for print and digital media including the museum’s website, social media content, advertisements, signage, flyers/brochures, newsletters and other materials in collaboration with the museum team.
- Liaise with contractors and vendors for the production of collateral materials including reviewing the design, providing feedback and approval, and coordinating the receipt of the printed materials.
- Engage, cultivate, and conduct outreach to enrich and increase awareness of the museum’s goals and mission among diverse audiences.
- Collect feedback, and make edits to design mock-ups to be approved by management.
- Oversee the production schedule of the marketing and outreach materials.
- Maintain the museum’s online presence by creating, reviewing, and replying to posts, comments, and messages to the museum’s website and social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram and Facebook.
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis.
- Assists with brand enforcement, ensuring consistency of design and messaging for all marketing campaigns and communications.
- Maintain a centralized archive of print and digital marketing files including design files, invoices, proofs, etc.
- Encourage CAM to adopt new social media trends that align with our goals and mission.
- Assist with copywriting for promotional materials as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing, or liberal arts.
- Prior experience working in non-profit (museums or the arts) marketing preferred.
- Familiarity and interest in Asian American / Chinese American history.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator), and social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram).
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate and work collaboratively in teams across functions.
- Must be able to work both independently, and as a member of team managing deadlines and communicating effectively to staff across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and effectively handle multiple projects with an eye on deadlines and budgets.
Responsibilities may involve flexible scheduling and work beyond the regularly scheduled workday, including working in the evening, on weekends, and on holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator”
No Phone Calls, please.